By including references, hyperlinks or other connections to such third party websites Jersey Psychologist does not imply any endorsement of them or any association with their owners or operators.
It is important to me that you understand why I collect the information that I do about you and how is it stored and used.
I use the information that I collect in accordance with all laws concerning the protection of personal date including the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018.
1. Why do I need to collect your personal data? I need to collect this data so I can
- Communiate with you in a manner of your choice
- Deliver goods and services to you should this be appropriate
- Process your payment
- Identify you as the correct person should I need to liaise with another health professional which I would do with your consent
2. What personal information do I collect and when do I collect it?
- Your name
- Contact details including address, email,
- Date of birth
- Insurance details
I collect this information directly from you at assessment. I may also collect information about you from your GP.
3. Where do I keep the information?
I keep paper and electronic notes. My paper notes are kept in a locked drawer in an office that is always either managed at the front desk or locked. The laptop I use is password protected and the files are encrypted. The password is never shared. This device is backed up using an encrypted cloud service.
4. How long do I keep your information?
I will keep paper an electronic records for seven years in line with legal and professional requirements. Paper records are destroyed using a secure shredding service.